2019-20 researcher at Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp.
2017-20 associated researcher at a.pass Research Center in Brussels.
2012-14 Master of Free Arts, Luca-University College for Sciences & Arts, Brussels.
2005-10 Bachelor and Specialized Studies in Fine Art Printing, Faculty of Fine Arts Cetinje, University of Montenegro.
Archiving Artistic Anxieties
– archivingartisticanxieties.me, published in collaboration with a.pass Brussels and Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp (supported by: Q21 Vienna; CONA Foundation Mumbai; Pink House Antwerp; GMK Zagreb; Zsenne Art Gallery Brussels)
– Publishing Artistic Research, Level 5, Brussels (29. 2. 2020)
– Script for the lecture “Towards Otherwise Exhibiting,” by the ‘kunstenaar, consultancy tentoonstellingen’ – for the book The Artist Job Description, Vijai Patchineelam, Track Report (Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp), OAZA BOOKS and a.pass. 2022.
– some activities to be recognised as Otherwise Exhibiting
Who is Adrian Lister?
– Marginalije zajedničkog, installation, performance and reading sessions, Kuslevova kuća, Podgorica (3. 3. – 1. 4. 2022)
– Wo das Gras grüner ist, perfomance and booklet publication, Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, Vaduz (3. 7. 22. 11. 2015)
– installation, performance and booklet presentation within the residency Castle Bourglinster; Luxembourg Ministry of Culture (2017).
– performance and booklet publication within the residency Bains Connective, Brussels, Belgium (2015).
– co-financed by the Ministry of Culture of Montenegro for 2015.
Projects and works:
7 anxieties and the world, one-on-one card reading about artistic anxieties:
– Reihe zur zeitgenössischen Vortragskunst, Glasmoog gallery, Cologne (28. 10. 2021)
– This situation has developed over a long time, ŠKUC gallery, Ljubljana (26. 3. 2021)
– The Hub – Between the iliac crest & the pubic bone, GMK, Zagreb (14. 10 – 17. 10. 2019)
– FairShare: self-publishing as an artistic practice, at CIAP in Hasselt (9. 5. 2019)
Between Anxiety and Hope, an online essay and apple jam publication:
– supported by Ministry of Culture of Montenegro (2020 and 2022)
Anthropomorphic Trouble, with artist Goda Palekaitė, research project with multiple outcomes (book publication, video, lecture-performance, exhibition):
– research residency with Art Catalyst, Sheffield, UK (March – November 2021)
– Ways of Knowing: Earth/Matter, Whitechapel gallery, London (20. 11 and 21. 11. 2021)
– Fluid bodies, Nemuno 7, Kaunas (22. 5 – 29. 6. 2022)
– I as it, or stones that vibrate, tranzit.sk, Bratislava (21. 9. 2022 – 27. 1. 2023)
Water made to move, video, with artist Vijai Patchineelam:
– commissioned work for the exhibition In Search of Sharawadgi, SCHUNCK – Museum for modern and contemporary art, Heerlen (5. 7. – 17. 10. 2021) and contribution to the accompanying book publication, published by NAi 010. 2021.
– presented in The Broken Archive, Villa Romana and Haus der Kulturen der Welt (HKW)
Referat na temu: Slijedimo se vašim sjajnim primjerom, text-based work, co-written with Kristina Gvozdenović, working with the archive of the Historical Museum of Montenegro:
– first made for the exhibition Drugarice – Women’s Movement in Montenegro 1943-1953, National Museum of Montenegro (22. 9 – 31. 12. 2017)
– presented in The Broken Archive, Villa Romana and Haus der Kulturen der Welt (HKW)
– published in Strange Attractors, Nomaduma Rosa Masilela (ed.), KUNST-WERKE BERLIN e. V. X Berlin Biennale. 2018.
To and from Montenegro, research project with multiple outcomes (video, book publication, performance, design pattern, postcards):
– first made for the exhibition The Silver Lining, 56th Venice Biennale (24. 10. 1. 11. 2015)
– design pattern used for the exhibition design Future in Debris, Film Center of Montenegro, British Council and LUX (8. 3. – 3. 6. 2021)
– From diaspora to diversities, National museum of Montenegro (11. 9. 2018 – 30. 10. 2018)
– film screening and presentation of a project Notes for a road-movie: To and from Montenegro, Casa Tomada, Sao Paulo (1. 7. 2016)
– From diaspora to diversities, gallery Remont, Belgrade (4. 4. – 22. 4. 2016)
Subtracted Seduction, performance event, in collaboration with Pia Louwerens, Eleanor Ivory Weber and Teresa Cos:
– Subtracted Seduction, Hectolitre, Brussels (1 and 2. 2. 2019)
– Subtracted Seduction and This Situation, audio publication on Radio Student, Ljubljana (27. 4. 2021)
On a Drift, part II, video:
– School of Waters, Mediterranea 19 Young Artists Biennale, San Marino (15. 5 – 31. 10. 2021)
– Apples and Oranges, artists’ publications, C-Mine, Genk (2. 10. 2021)
For a young woman of bright future, photo-novel:
– first made for the project brussels-midi-spoor7, Brussels (11. 4 – 18. 4. 2019)
– published in N.F.B. sveska, Treća Ruka, Podgorica (March, 2022)
Razstava, a solo exhibition, Contemporary Art Centre of Montenegro (10. 11 – 30. 11. 2017)
The Drug-on City
– a short story, published in the Journal of Literature, Culture and Social Issues – Ars, OKF, Cetinje; edited by NOVA – center for the feminist culture. 2016.
– presented as an installation for the exhibition Why Have There Been No Great (wo)Men Artists? British Council at the National Museum of Montenegro (3. 7 – 28. 8. 2018)
The Great Wall
– The Divided Body, LUCA School of Arts, KU Leuven.
Thanks for your visit and goodbye, artist book:
– No one belongs here more than you, 54th October Salon, Belgrade (part of their collection)
Contributions for the books and journals:
In these circumstances: On collaboration, perfomativity, self-organisation and transdisciplinarity in research-based practices, Philippine Hoegen & Lilia Mestre (eds.), Onomatopee 181. 2022.
Archivoltage, Thomas Crombez & Nico Dockx (eds.), Track Report, Antwerp. 2021.
ROT, Sara Manente (ed.), a.pass. 2020.
The Infinite Conversations, Wesley Meuris and Pieter Vermeulen (eds.), YellowPress #5, the community journal of Sint Lucas School of Arts Antwerp. 2018.
Strange Attractors, Nomaduma Rosa Masilela (ed.), KUNST-WERKE BERLIN e. V. 2018. X Berlin Biennale.
Žene – tijela – prostori, Journal of Literature, Culture and Social Issues – Ars, OKF, Cetinje; edited by NOVA – center for the feminist culture. 2016.
What Are You Working On? / Vad Har Du På Gång?, Jacquelyn Davis (ed.), Valeveil, Stockholm. 2014.
Programs and Workshops (proposals for collective learning):
– reading and strolling around Schäfersee: When komisch stops being funny and becomes strange for the exhibition Grüße vom Schäfersee!, KSOIK, Berlin (13. 8. 2023)
– reading sessions within the exhibition Marginalije zajedničkog, Kuslevova kuća, Podgorica (March 2022)
– co-curating and facilitating three-months postgraduate program Not in the Mood for a.pass – advanced performance and scenography studies in Brussels. (May-July 2021)
– co-curating and organizing educational program Evening School, Institute of Contemporary Art, Montenegro. (January-February 2021)
– coaching (developing a workshop) for the research group Body and Material Reinvented, Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerpen. (March 2020)
– victories over the suns semi-public residency in gallery Zsenne Art lab in Brussels. (June/July 2020)
Lectures and artist talks:
– Developing strategies from the artistic anxiety of being invisible and useless or Anxious Parasites Will Save The Worlds — lecture for symposium Time is a Book (is Time) at Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp. (October 2019)
– Difficult to be — lecture on the Black Wave Yugoslavian Cinema, at CONA Foundation Mumbai, for the workshop led by Vijai Patchineelam, titled Difficult to see. (December 2018)
– artist talk within a program Dive into Practice, Visual arts department at LUCA School of Arts, Brussels. (November 2017)
– two artist talks and lectures at FAAP University (Sao Paulo, Brazil) course of Visual Arts and one at EBA-UFRJ-Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) course of Visual Arts. (February to June 2016)
– Connection lost. Isolation as a choice in the Montenegrin contemporary art and On the global and local culture of the book as an artistic medium — roundtable discussions, within the framework of the exhibition The Silver Lining, Collateral Event at 56th Venice Biennale. (2015)
Scholarships, residencies and prizes:
– research residency with Art Catalyst, Sheffield, UK (2021).
– CONA Foundation Mumbai, India (2020).
– Residency at Q21 – Museums Quartier Wien, Austria (2018).
– Grant for Summer School as School/ Rike Frank’s course Exhibiting: (En)Countering Temporalities, Prishtina, Kosovo (2017).
– Residency at Castle Bourglinster; Luxembourg Ministry of Culture (2017).
– Penthouse Art Residency/ Harlan Levey Projects & hotel bloom!, Brussels (2017).
– Co-financing project grant from the Ministry of Culture of Montenegro for 2016 and 2015.
– FAAP residency, Sao Paulo, Brazil (2016).
– Residency at Bains Connective, Brussels, Belgium (2015).
– KulturKontakt grant for Salzburg International Summer Academy of Fine Arts/ Leya Mira Brander’s course Between etching and sculpture (2012).
– Travel grant, Ministry of Culture of Montenegro/ Art Camp in Andorra, Andorran National Commission for UNESCO.
– Residency of Austrian Federal Minister for Education the Arts and Culture (BM:UKK) in Vienna (2010).